西北农林科技大学 植物保护学院

科研成果

我的位置: 首页> 科研成果

Verticillium wilt caused by Verticillium dahliae and V. nonalfalfae in potato in Northern China

作者:   来源:   发布日期:2018-10-10  浏览次数:

  论文信息:Rui Jing, Haiyuan Li, Xiaoping Hu, Wenjing Shang*, Ruiqing Shen, Chengjin Guo, Qingyun Guo, Krishna V. Subbarao. Verticillium wilt caused by Verticillium dahliae and V. nonalfalfae in potato in Northern China. Plant Disease, 2018, 102(10): 1958-1964

       JCR分区Q1,中科院大类一区,IF=2.941

  论文摘要:Potato ( Solanum tuberosum  L.) is one of the most important staple foods in many parts of the world including China. In recent years, Verticillium wilt has become a severe threat to potato production in China. During 2015 to 2016, 287 samples of symptomatic potato plants were collected from 15 counties in five provinces from northern China. One hundred and eighty-seven  Verticillium- like colonies were isolated from these samples and identified to species based on cultural and morphological characteristics, and multigene phylogeny based on the partial sequences of  actin  ( ACT ),  elongation factor 1-alpha  ( EF1α ),  glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase ( GPD ), and  tryptophan synthase  ( TS ) genes. A consensus-rooted most parsimonious phylogenetic tree was generated from the data. One hundred and fifteen isolates comprising 61.5% of the total were identified as  Verticillium dahliae , and the remaining 38.5% of the isolates were identified as  V. nonalfalfae .  V. dahliae  was widely distributed in Shaanxi (84.1%), Inner Mongolia (76.7%), Gansu (12.8%), and Qinghai (100%, representing a single isolate).  V. dahliae  was not recovered from the samples in Ningxia.  V. nonalfalfae dominated the collections from Gansu (87.2%) and Ningxia (100%) but was also recovered from Shaanxi (15.9%) and Inner Mongolia (23.3%) at lower frequencies. Neither  V. albo-atrum  nor  V. alfalfae  was recovered from the sampled areas. The  V. nonalfalfae  isolates were predominantly isolated from the samples collected from altitudes above 1,800 m, and in contrast,  V. dahliae  isolates were mainly recovered from fields sampled below 1,800 m. The optimum temperature for the colony growth of  V. nonalfalfae  was lower (20°C) than that for  V. dahliae  (25°C). Pathogenicity tests demonstrated that  V. dahliae  and  V. nonalfalfae  were both pathogens of potato Verticillium wilt, with  V. dahliae  isolates exhibiting higher virulence than  V. nonalfalfae  isolates regardless of the collection area of the species. This is the first documentation of  V. nonalfalfae  infecting  S .  tuberosum  in China and the higher altitudes associated with infections of  V. nonalfalfae  anywhere in the world.

       原文链接:https://apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/pdf/10.1094/PDIS-01-18-0162-RE